The Tariff matches up points to various qualifications you could use to get into higher education.
- This means unis can compare applicants with different qualifications.
- They can also make conditional offers with points totals you can aim for.
How does it work?
Use Tariff tables to estimate what your points total might be, then you can apply for courses with points totals you can achieve.
- Check which of your qualifications earn points.
- You might also be asked for certain grades, sometimes in specific courses.
- Some courses like A levels are awarded points at both A and AS level – but full A level values include AS points automatically. So remember not to add the extra AS value on top.
- Not all qualifications have Tariff points – if yours haven’t, don’t worry – the uni will make offers based on what you’re studying.