How to apply
Next you apply online.
There's quite a lot of info to fill in:
- your contact details
- university/college choices – up to five course choices (there are some restrictions on the combinations you can have – read more about choices on the full site)
- your qualifications and work experience
- a personal statement – use this to tell the unis why they should offer you a place.
There’s help text if you get stuck anywhere, plus you can talk to us on social media if you need advice!
We also need a reference from a tutor (if you're still studying or you recently left), an employer or someone else suitable (but not friends or family). There’s also an application fee of £12 for one choice or £23 for up to five choices (for 2013 entry).
- 15 October – for courses at the universities of Oxford or Cambridge, and for medicine, dentistry and veterinary medicine/science courses.
- 15 January – for the majority of courses.
- 24 March – for some art and design courses.
Your application should arrive at UCAS by this date, with your reference added too. If so you’ll definitely be considered by your choices.
If not though you can still apply until 30 June – it’s just not as likely there’ll be vacancies. (Check with the unis before you apply.)